Thursday Thirteen, Edition 2,
Thirteen “Relaxing” Things That I Have Done During My “Vacation” From Work
1. Enough laundry to clothe a small nation.
2. Cleaned and organized the Man-Cub’s bedroom including his closet. I feel lucky to be alive after witnessing the evil that lurked behind that door.
3. Mopped muddy paw prints off the hardwood floors approximately five million times (we won’t even discuss the other puppy related messes that I have cleaned up, he is just a baby after all and accidents are to be expected but, the muddy paw prints, egad, they are annoying).
4. Battled the after-Christmas sales shoppers for large Rubbermaid containers in which to store my holiday decorations. I won.
5. Tried to convince Hugh that we absolutely did need the artificial evergreen wreath that is five feet in diameter even though Christmas is over and we will just have to store it until next year. Half off, Hugh! Half. Off!
6. Watched one episode of The View and mentally calculated the slowest, most painful way for each of the co-hosts to die. That is an hour of my life that I will never get back.
7. Picked up and carted a plethora of boxes, wrappers, cellophane, twisty-ties and other paraphernalia that the kids new toys came wrapped in out of the house and up the hill to the trash can only to turn around and face another child of mine asking me to please help open his/her new toy because he/she wants to plaaaaay with it, oh please, oh please, oh please. Gah.
8. Cleaned the kitchen a thousand times.
9. Swept cookie crumbs from the kitchen floor.
10. Deep cleaned all three bathrooms, including the grout on the tile floors, the inside of the toilet tanks (I know, I have no idea, either) and the windows.
11. Organized my underwear drawer to make room for all the new things that I am planning to buy with the Victoria’s Secret gift card that Hugh gave me for Christmas.
12. Re-organized the attic so that I can store the holiday decorations in chronological order, in color-coded Rubbermaid containers that I had to rumble with the other shoppers to buy.
13. Gotten up at 5:00 every morning to take the puppy out for his morning break. Ok, fine, Hugh does that part but, I am there with him in spirit and my spirit is exhausted.
This is why I can never quit my day job; I need it to relax.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants