Thursday Thirteen, Edition Seventeen:
Thirteen Things I Love About My Son
Turn about is fair play and, since The Girl got her moment in the spotlight last week, it is only right that the Man-Cub get his.
1. I love that he sees the humor in any situation. His laugh, my god, his laugh, it is wholehearted and real.
2. I love the freckles across the bridge of his nose and the fact that, when someone teases him about having “Dumbo ears”, he shrugs his shoulders as if to say “the better to hear you with” (I would add, dumbass, if I were him but, I suspect that will come later)
3. In the same vein, I love that he includes his ears in all of his self portraits and I am delighted by his ability to wiggle them without moving any other part of his face.
4. His positive sense of self-esteem at such a tender age simply astounds me.
5. I love that, when he cries, the tears are huge and voluminous, no crocodile tears for my boy.
6. I love that he puts his whole heart into whatever he does, whether it be sports, coloring with crayons, or building with Leggos.
7. Also, how he sticks his tongue out of the corner of his mouth when he is concentrating.
8. I love how he sings to himself when he is alone in his room or in the bathtub.
9. And that he has no embarrassment whatsoever when I catch him at it.
10. I love how he treats his friends.
11. And how he raises his eyebrows in the perfect Groucho Marx impression when he wants me to laugh.
12. I love his impression of Gollum, even though that is exactly what he was doing when he knocked out his front teeth at the age of four. Toothless, he was still my preciousssss.
13. I love how he rolls with the punches; how a disappointment that would send a higher-strung child into hysterics merely causes him to shrug his shoulders and say “Oh well, I don’t care, moving on.”
In short, I just love him. And I think he loves me, too.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants