I just this week finished with my duties as chair of the Spring Luncheon and now I find myself in charge of several critical elements of yet another event; I have no words for how stupid that makes me.
Well, I guess stupid pretty much covers it, actually.
On the bright side, the rest of the 12 person committee is comprised of:
- The mothers of 2 members of the Fearsome Foursome
- 4 Porch Night regulars
- 2 mothers with whom I socialize on Facebook
All told, I am socially comfortable with 8-out-of-11 of the women with whom I will be planning this event. The 3 remaining women on the committee include:
- A woman whose daughter is new to the school and whom I have never met, but; who seems really nice and approachable.
- A woman with whom I have a nodding acquaintance and whom I look forward to getting to know better.
- The Dragon Lady of Petticoat Junction.
What? Dragon Lady, what? Yeah.
I know her from long, long ago when her son played baseball on one of the Man-Cub's teams; I didn't like her then and I don't like her now.
What's not to like? Let's discuss:
- She is argumentative.
- She is disrespectful of any idea with which she disagrees.
- She is unwilling to volunteer for duties required of the committee.
- She speaks disrespectfully of the teachers and administration at the school.
- She makes a point of letting us know that she has money and she isn't afraid to tell us exactly how much she is willing to throw at a problem to ensure that she doesn't actually have to, you know, do any work or anything.
- She expects us all to treat her as if her shit is odorless and diamond-encrusted. For the record? Not happening.
There really is one born every minute.