Speaking of my friends, Chris, Jana and the kids joined us for Easter dinner (and, for margarita slushes), where, in a feat previously believed impossible; Jana managed to blow a hard boiled egg out of the shell through a teensy-tiny hole in one end of the egg by blowing through an equally teensy-tiny hole in the other end of the egg, leaving behind an intact eggshell and a perfectly intact boiled egg.
It. Was. Ah-mazing.
Not quite as ah-mazing as drinking margarita slushes on the front porch in spring-like weather, but, close.
Also ah-mazing: dinner. More precisely, the glazed ham that I made for dinner. Seriously, best ham I have ever made and I credit the glaze. I would tell you my secret for it, but, then I would have to kill you. Ok, not really; the secret is to slowly reduce a combination of brown sugar, vinegar, Dijon mustard and Dr. Pepper to a thick glaze on the stove top before basting the ham.
Say it with me: Ah-mazing.
In between eating delicious ham, drinking margarita slushes, and watching Jana accomplish the impossible; Jana and I crafted our summer Family Fun bucket list. The list includes:
- The star gazing party that we never quite got around to throwing last summer.
- Movie night on the porch.
- Margarita slushes on the boat, Redneck Yacht Club-style.
- The annual end-of-school-year slip-n-slide party.
- Glow-in-the-dark bubbles.
- Homemade ice cream on the front porch.
- Porch Nights. Many, many Porch Nights.
You're shocked, I know.