The pollen count is up, so says the television weatherman. I didn't need him to tell me; all the signs were present:
1. I woke up with my eyelashes glued to my cheekbones with a thick paste of eye goop (I'm so pretty!).
2. A steady stream of snot is running out of my nose at a nearly constant rate (once again, soooo pretty!).
3. When I don't slather a layer of powder over three layers of foundation, over a thick blanket of concealer, I have under-eye circles so dark; they look like I just went twelve rounds in a prize fight.
4. Blinking my eyes feels something like dragging a sheet of sandpaper over my corneas.
5. I now hold the office record for number of consecutive sneezes in a thirty-second period (15).
Happily, I have procured a bottle of Zyrtec and am expecting relief from the allergy symptoms sometime around June. Or, when the pollens naturally abate, whichever comes first.