I'm not going to sugarcoat this: I kinda sucked at accomplishing my list this Spring. I have no decent excuse, I just sucked. How bad? Well, let's take a look...
1. Join, and regularly participate in a yoga group. Well, I went once, does that count? No? All righty then: SUCKED.
2. Pull my shit together at Day Job. Ok, so this one I actually nailed. I managed to get organized, wrote a kick-ass grant proposal, was awarded the grant, and managed to juggle Board members, community partners, staff, paperwork, and data entry. This makes me 1 for 2, in case you are keeping score.
3. Spring cleaning at home. I'm going to give myself partial credit for this one, because I did manage to clean and organize several cabinets, a particularly gnarly mess of a closet, and my scrapbooking room. I did not host a yard sale, but, discussed it with Hugh and plan to accomplish that before the end of summer (hand to heart).
4. Get dirty! Can you say Zen Garden? I did get it planted, and, I got my flower boxes sorted. I have yet to weed my flowerbeds, but, baby steps, y'all. This one is a win (that's 2.5 for 4!).
5. Pantry purge! This is another one that I am going to claim partial credit for. I did manage to clean out the pantry in the mudroom, donating lots of crap that Hugh and I no longer eat (Pop Tarts, Oreos, Mac 'n Cheese, Ramen bowls, etc.) to Queen B, since she is now housing both the Cub and Mikey, who, as we all know, will eat her out of house and home more effectively than a hoard of locusts.
6. Clean off the porch and start hosting Porch Nights. Ah, nailed this one! Spent the better part of a day pressure-washing the grime off the porch and furniture, nearly crippling myself with the effort, but, totally worth it! Hosted a Cinco de Mayo themed Porch Night and am in the process of planning a Ladies Night Out themed gathering for early in June.
7. Friend Time. Another partial credit effort! I hosted the Booster Moms at the above-mentioned Porch Night, plus I got to spend quite a bit of time with them when executing the Senior Sports Banquet back in April. I also have had several opportunities to spend time with Jana, whom I had missed, dearly over the winter. Could I have done better? Of course, but, this is one goal that I don't mind including on my next list.
So, let's do the math here, one plus point five, carry the ten...(have I mentioned that math was never my strong point?)..and we have... 4.5 out of 7.
So, that's like, what, half? Halfish? A little over halfish? (again, math? NOT my strong point).
I guess I didn't suck quite as badly as I thought. There's still plenty of room for improvement, but, there's always the Summer Bucket List, which, tune in tomorrow!