Ok, so it isn't officially summer until later in the month, but, since it's already the first of June, I'm calling it.
And, how do I plan to spend the next three months? Let's take a look.
1. Two words: Lake. Time. As God is my witness, we will get on the lake this summer! Last year was a big 'ol bust as far as boating went, given the mechanical issues the Sea Chelle was experiencing; this year, we are determined to overcome those issues and to spend as many days boating as possible. The kids' crazy schedules will pose an additional challenge to this goal, but, with a little pre-planning, as well as a commitment to embrace spontaneity at every opportunity, I think we will overcome.
2. Throw the best damn bridal shower that Mayberry has ever seen. I'm already in full-on planning mode for the Rodeo Princess's shower, and, this goal should not be a tough one to accomplish.
3. Take the best wedding photographs evah! Since the Rodeo Princess's wedding is on September 1st, which technically falls into the Fall, I could also put this on that Bucket List, but, since we will start the wedding festivities on August 30th, I'm counting it here.
4. Yard sale. Uggg. Kill me, now.
5. Take a trip somewhere. No clue where that might be just yet, but, summer is meant for traveling, so...go somewhere, sometime in the next three months.
6. Time with friends and family. Quality time. Memory-making time. 'Nuf said.
7. Get the Man-Cub back to Hawaii for his second year of college. Try not to stress over tuition, his safety, where the hell he is going to live, who the hell he is going to live with, and every other concern that is currently plaguing my early-morning dreams.
8. Keep on keeping on with my daily exercise and with my healthy diet. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of the start of this journey; it would be a travesty to jump off the wagon, now.
9. Go cherry-picking with Jana.
10. Wine tour with family and/or friends. Yes, this again. Damnit, it's going to happen, SO HELP ME, GOD! It's only been on just about every damn Bucket List I have written over the past three years, after all. It's time.
This is, perhaps, the least angsty list I have ever come up with! I don't know if that is a reflection of my current stress level or a sign that I am experiencing personal growth, but, either way, I'll take it. Bring on the summer!