Thursday Thirteen, Edition Nine:
Thirteen Things That I Believe
This list is inspired by Izzie’s speech in last week’s episode of Grey’s Anatomy. Yes, that speech, the one that made all of America want to slap Izzie silly. Hopefully, this post doesn’t spur the same reaction; I have a healthy fear of pain, people.
1. I believe that drinking Diet Pepsi cancels out the calories in pink frosted donuts.
2. I believe that, one day, science will prove that chocolate is the ultimate Super-Food.
3. I believe that some people really can see ghosts.
4. I believe that, if I ever saw a ghost I would pee my pants and faint.
5. I believe there is someone for everyone.
6. I believe that manners matter.
7. I believe in watching old movies on cold days, with a cup of tea and a plate of cookies.
8. I believe that I would weigh 300 pounds if I didn’t believe in exercise, which; I do.
9. I believe that, during times of extreme stress, it is just as easy to treat someone with kindness and respect as it is to blow up at them (I’m looking at you, nasty man at the United counter at the Portland airport last Thursday).
10. I believe that my family will always be there for me.
11. I believe that we make the choice whether to be happy or not, everyday.
12. I believe that a true friend forgives your worst faults yet will tease you about them without mercy.
13. I believe that every person on this planet was born with some unique talent, ability or capability. I believe in possibilities and I believe in miracles.
Whoops, that’s more like fifteen things.
Please don’t slap me.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.ReplyDelete
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Love your Thursday 13! Especially the one about the United counter. (My personal nemesis is Icky Vicki of the Post Office -- always rude, no matter what.) Plus your list reminds as much of Izzie as it does of Kevin Costner in "Bull Durham." My last Thursday 13 before the Oscars is dedicated to the original Dreamgirls, the Supremes.ReplyDelete
Tag! You're It. Stop by and see what I mean. :)ReplyDelete
love this post..love your blog..thanks for making me smile todayReplyDelete
#2 would be so cool!! And I so agree with #9, 13, and 7. Great list!ReplyDelete
Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts
Wow that's a really great list. I especially like #5 and #13, and #2 would be fantastic.ReplyDelete