And We Waited This Long Because I Am Mean
Hugh and I are taking the children to see New Moon tonight. I avoided the theater like the plague when the movie came out last Friday because
1. I hate lines,
2. I hate crowds,
3. The Teenager was grounded, and
4. I am meeeean.
Although The Teenager is still grounded (til she’s thirty!), we made the decision to let her see the movie with us because:
1. We enjoy spending time with a sullen, morose child,
2. She actually hasn’t been terribly sullen nor morose, surprisingly,
3. We realize the importance of doing things together as a family, and;
4. I need someone to catch the drool when Taylor Lautner’s abs are revealed on-screen and Hugh really isn’t up to the challenge whereas, The Teenager is quite capable of wiping my drool, wiping her own drool and texting her friends about the experience, simultaneously. She’s gifted.
Now, I just hope the movie lives up to all the hype.
Oh, who am I kidding? As long as there is popcorn, soda and Milk Duds, I really don’t care how bad the movie is.
And, you know, abs!