Thursday Thirteen, Edition Twenty-Three:
Thirteen Things I Like
1. My mom’s homemade biscuits and gravy.
2. Watching the birds stalking the food in our feeders. Watching the cats stalking the birds stalking the food in the feeders. Watching the Man-Cub, stalking the cats stalking the birds stalking the food in our feeders. It’s like Wild Kingdom over here.
3. The first cup of coffee in the morning.
4. Buying a new bottle of the OPI, my latest purchase was Dear Santa, a sparkly red shade just perfect for the holidays.
5. Doing a job right the first time.
6. Cookbooks, I must have forty of them.
7. Sleeping between clean sheets.
8. My new white iron guestroom bed, purchased last week at an antique sale for far less than it is worth.
9. Finding treasures at antique sales.
10. Exploring I Spy books with the Man-Cub before bedtime.
11. Cuddling with The Teenager on the couch, watching movies starring leading men whom we both agree are hawt; ogling celebrities, the latest way to bridge the Generation Gap.
12. Going to plays with Hugh, even when he grouses about them being musicals like, really? A musical? Why?! Why for the love of God?! Whyyyy....(in my defense, he loved Wicked).
13. Pomegranates, especially this time of year when they are priced-and sized- right.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants