Thursday Thirteen, Edition Eighteen:
Thirteen Reasons to Believe My Parents Have Been Replaced By Pod People
1. They have chocolate flavored cereal in their kitchen. No such thing was allowed when I was a child living under their roof.
2. Ditto the drawer full of Snickers bars, Twizzlers and Hershey’s Kisses. Candy! Easily accessible to small children, in my parents' house. Unheard of!
3, I also heard a rumor about ice cream being served... before dinner.
4. And, my mother suddenly takes breakfast orders like a short-order cook. She will gladly make eggs for one child, biscuits and gravy for another and French Toast for a third, all at the same meal. When I was a child, you ate what was placed before you and you liked it, by god!
5. Bed time? What’s bed time? The children don’t have to go to bed; they are having so much fun!
6. And, since they’re up; they might as well eat some Goldfish crackers… in bed. While watching television.
7. Obviously, much like the Pirate Code, household rules are suddenly more like guidelines.
8. Burping, farting and jokes about bodily functions are perfectly acceptable topics of conversation at the dinner table.
9. Mom neglected to pack your swimming suit? No problem! You can go naked in the hot tub.
10. Sunday mornings now mean sleeping in and lounging about instead of rising at dawn and attending church services.
11. Every trip to the grocery store results in the purchase of a new toy, special snack or other treat for whichever child/and/or/children that happens to be accompanying them.
12. The word no has disappeared from their vocabulary.
13. Dropping everything to bake brownies at the request of a child is now the rule rather than the exception.
Seriously. I had a pretty fabulous childhood but grandkids these days? They just don’t know how good they have it.
And I wouldn’t trade that for a thing.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Well the generation now has so many perks. I can only agree with everything that you're saying.ReplyDelete
WOW!! I wonder how my parents are going to be as grandparents!!ReplyDelete
oh yea, the grandkids are skating. Though Mamoo and Papa dont let the nephews swim naked.ReplyDelete
LOL! Yes, what's up with that? Fortunately, our childrens' grandparents live a 2 day drive away so I can deal with that when it happens.ReplyDelete
My kids wanted Pickles and Pepsi for breakfast one day, and yogurt and jellybeans for dinner. AND my mother gave them. Without batting an eye.ReplyDelete
:) Grandkids get away with EVERYTHING! Just looking at all that my nephews get away with.. I get jealous! :)ReplyDelete
Perhaps they would consider adopting me? I'm very fond of brownies.ReplyDelete
Grandparents don't have to deal with the consequences, you see. They get to have all the fun and then hand the little darlings back.ReplyDelete
Yup. Sounds familiar.ReplyDelete
You've been tagged, check out my blog for details!ReplyDelete