Thursday Thirteen, Edition Fifteen:
Thirteen Things I Don’t Get
1. Paris Hilton’s “popularity”.
2. The Black Eyed Peas song, My Humps. I mean, honestly; “my pretty lady bumps”? Way to set feminism back about a million years there Fergie.
3. And, while we are on the subject, what in the world does a hottie like Josh Dumel see in a liver-lipped thing like Fergie?
4. American Idol. Never watched it, never will. Don’t care for most of the people who have won the title over the years.
5. Rosie O’Donnell’s hostility. What’s with the hate, Rosie? You used to be so nice.
6. This season of Survivor. Could the casting department not scare up even one likeable individual this year?
7. The South Beach Diet. Bread is the staff of life, people. Embrace it.
8. The women on The Bachelor. How desperate do you have to be to go on this show? Not that I watch it, I’m just saying.
9. How in the world anyone could have been shocked by Anna Nicole Smith’s cause of death.
10. The fact that Anna Nicole Smith will be more famous for her death than she was for her career, ala Marilyn Monroe.
11. How I can suddenly be sporting an inch of grey root growth with no discernible change in the overall length of my hair. What. The. Fuck?
12. Why my son insists on sleeping with his head at the foot of his bed and his feet splayed across his headboard. That cannot be comfortable.
13. How it is physically possible for my daughter to roll her eyes so far back in her head without dislocating an eyeball. Seriously.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Thanks for the b-day wishes!ReplyDelete
So far, this season's Survivor has been so drab!ReplyDelete
And Rosie...I don't get it.
Wow, where to begin? Teenagers, always remember that embarrassment is your best weapon, teenagers are terminally afraid that their friends will see their parents, much less hear them. Tip: When you drop them off somewhere, roll down the window and yell out, "You be sweet, now!" or "Make good choices!"ReplyDelete
I only watch the first 2 or 3 Amer. Idol shows each season when all of the knuckleheads are there just to get on tv.
Rosie has turned into a bigger conspiracy theorist than the right wingers of the olden days. She's flat-out weird and borderline crazy. Scary.
I don't get the Black Eyed Peas, period. But I LOVE the actual bean type black eyed peas. With cornbread.
i so get your list :)ReplyDelete
Yeah, I don't get most of that, either. Especially the bit about how our sons sleep (yup, mine does it, too. Think it's a guy thing?). And Anna Nicole. Well, yeah, it was drugs. What'd you think? Her heart burst during an orgasm???ReplyDelete
Number 12 made me laugh!ReplyDelete
#13 made me laugh. Great list! Thanks for visiting my blog and TT!ReplyDelete
:)) :)) very funny list, i so get it!! me either, i don't understand about Paris Hilton? what is she popular for? her last name" that xxx thingy she did? josh hasn't ventured out to the world yet, he hasn't seen his other options! :)) :)) rosie sucks!!!! she likes to talk crap about people that never really did anything wrong to her & the moment they talk back, she gets furious, play fair rosie....what goes around comes around. i don't even know why barbara's keeping her, contract maybe! south beach diet is a fancy name for crap!! :)) :)) the ladies on The Bachelor are degrading our essence as a woman, they're such a bunch of losers who want their 5minutes of fame. i'm glad that finally anna nicole has rested, i'm not sure if it in peace but am glad her miserable life has ended!ReplyDelete
I so understand your list!! Great TT!!ReplyDelete
Have a good Easter!
I could not agree with you more on this list (well, except for the part of your kids). I cannot stand Paris Hilton, and I love Survivor, but this season, I cannot get into it.ReplyDelete
Another thing, I cannot understand why Sunjaya is so popular on American Idol!
Don't know about #3, #6 or your kids but I feel ya on ALL the others! I don't watch Survivor or follow pop music romance which is why I don't know about #3 & #6. As for your kids I blame genes :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen #36; 13 Things about the Book Trucker's Tales. My friend Scott appreciates it too!
American Idol has sucked me back into its pit of despair this season. Really, I think it's more about the train-wreck value for me. I will watch it, but I've never voted. Who needs to deal with busy signals and all of that nonsense?ReplyDelete
Long live bread. Especially the whole-grain kind with the little nutty bits in it. Good stuff.