Monday, January 27, 2020

Realllly Trying to Take Advantage of Unemployment Here

I'm in a weird no-man's land between jobs currently, and, while most people would be taking full advantage of this gift of free time by resting, relaxing, and enjoying the downtime; I am squandering it on stress, worry, and dread. Go, me.

In my defense, I only quit one of my jobs; I'm still expected to show up for my duties at the hardware store. That alone is fueling at least 70% of the stress, right there. The other 30% comes courtesy of the new information that I am slowly accumulating about New Job, specifically about the shit that I  am required to clean up prior to even starting. I'll manage it, and, at some point in the distant future, I believe I will be rocking it, but, in this moment, angst. Lots and lots of angst.

Add to this the usual low-grade, always in the background, totally manageable and normal undercurrent of daily stress, and, yes; recipe for disaster. If I give in.

I'm...not willing to surrender.

Instead, I'll put my head down, take a deep, centering breath, and focus on one thing at a time. Because, that is the best that I can do.

On a much brighter note, I got to spend the day with Queen B yesterday! We did some shopping, meandered about in a huge antique store for a bit, enjoyed a good meal together, and, talked about our expectations for the trip that we are planning to take to Greece later in the year. It was a good way to spend the day, and, it must be noted that I did 99% less stressing, worrying, or, allowing dread to seep into my heart while we were together.

Clearly, I need to schedule more leisure time into this week of "leisure".

Queen Bee mug for the Queen B!

No comments:

Post a Comment