Thursday Thirteen, Edition Fifteen:
Thirteen Absurdly Simple Things that Make Me Ridiculously Happy
1. My garden. Specifically, the fact that it is still growing and producing things this far into the season and that I have not killed it off with my frequent bouts of apathy. Seriously, the less I care, the better it does; it’s like it wants to please me. My garden is the High School tutor-nerd and I am the football jock king of the school; it totally wants to carry my books and help me do better in math even though its name is Shirley and I keep calling it Sherry. Or, you know, something like that.
2. My daughter’s apparent delight at being on the volleyball team. Gone is the surly teenager, long live the giddy sports-nut who has taken her place.
3. A good cup of coffee.
4. Being back on the school schedule.
5. Sleeping in on the weekends, even though “sleeping in” just means sleeping until 7:00.
6. Getting a new shipment of Netflix every week.
7. The fall issues of my favorite magazines-I love the autumn recipes and decorating ideas.
8. Making plans for Halloween, party? Haunted house? Whichever shall we do?
9. Seeing the first yellow leaves on the tree outside my window.
10. The return of Starbuck’s pumpkin spice latte.
12. 3 lost pounds-fingers crossed that they are gone for good.
13. Saturday morning visits to the local farmer’s market.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants