Thursday Thirteen, Edition 5:
Thirteen Things That I Am Looking Forward to This Summer
1. Days without rain, clouds, wind, cold temperatures or any combination thereof. Really, any day now…
2. The premiere of The Time Traveler’s Wife. I have read the book at least six times and have been waiting for the movie for forever. The trailer finally came out this week and it looks like the movie is going to be worth the wait.
3. Seeing my friends and family at the annual festival in Mayberry.
4. The return of Porch Night. We kicked off the season last night and, although the weather was slightly crappy, we still had a very relaxing time munching on baby swiss, white wine and fruit salsa with these cinnamon tortilla chips The Teenager made (to die for).
5. Another month of boxing class. I’m actually a little surprised by how much I enjoy the class. The fact that I spend all day Tuesday and Thursday looking forward to beating the crap out of something probably speaks volumes about my stress level but; boxing has actually made me much more pleasant to be around on my rare (but fierce) grouchy days.
6. The end of the Little League baseball season. I love watching my son play but, three and a half months is long enough and, football is just around the corner. Gah.
7. More weekends spent on the lake. You know, when the weather gets the memo about it being summer and all.
8. The first produce from my garden. The lettuce and spinach will be ready for cutting by this time next week. Everything else looks good and, fingers crossed, I might see some actual fruit for my labors. Or you know, vegetables. Whatev.
9. Going to Lake Powell with Chris and Jana. We are tentatively planning this for July which, knowing us, means we will be going in August. Either way, we are certain to have a good time and, having access to water that doesn’t freeze the children into a kiddie-pop two minutes after you throw them in will be a nice departure from the norm.
10. Did I mention days without clouds, rain, wind and crappy temperatures? I did? Well, it bears repeating.
11. Taking the kids the double feature at the drive-in at least a couple more times.
12. Cherries! Fresh, local cherries and, all the authentic, locally grown Olathe Sweet sweet corn that I can eat. If you’ve never had the pleasure of eating an ear of Olathe Sweet; you’ve never really eaten corn and I feel sorry for you.
13. The return of Big Brother. Hello, my name is Chelle and I am a trash televisionaholic.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Oh, I love, love, love the Time Traveler's Wife. I think it is my favorite book. The trailer did look good. It's going to be so sad. I will probably cry through the whole thing!ReplyDelete
i love it!ReplyDelete
simply love it!
wish i could borrow this :D
Click Here For My Thursday-13