- Sleeping in past 7:00, three mornings in a row.
- Laying in the sunshine.
- Observing the full moon through the Man-Cub's telescope.
- Shopping for summer clothing with The Teenager.
- Watching an NCIS Los Angeles marathon on DVD.
- Eating a pound of fresh-although, not local-cherries while lounging on the porch.
- Antique store hopping with my co-worker.
- A pedicure in OPI's Jinx shade, from the Women of James Bond collection.
- A facial.
- A long, candlelit soak in the tub, with a glass of really delicious wine.
- Reading a new Jodi Picoult novel.
It doesn't seem like much, but, that was kind of the point. Hugh is in Virginia, officiating at a large wrestling tournament and the kids and I decided that a nice quiet, relaxing three-day weekend was just what we needed in order to start the summer off on the right note.
Tomorrow, I head back to work, and, I can honestly say; I feel energized and ready to tackle another week.
I think that's just what three-day weekends are meant for.