I was a busy, busy bee this weekend and I feel like I accomplished quite a bit. The fact that the Man-Cub was away with the basketball team at a camp many, many hours away probably had a lot to do with my productivity; I was trying to stay busy to keep from worrying about my baby, as one does.
(He made it home safe and sound. No real surprise, but, always a relief for a paranoid mother)
Before he left for basketball camp, the Cub played in his first baseball game of the season. They won. I got to watch the game from the bleachers instead of from the concession stand, so, I also won.
When I wasn't busy doing the million and ten chores around the house that needed to be done, I was surfing Pinterest. It occurred to me that, while I pin an awful lot of really cool ideas, I very rarely get the opportunity to try them out, and when I do; it is almost always an unmitigated disaster.
Not so this weekend; this weekend I nailed a pin that I have been wanting to try for quite some time. And, while it didn't turn out exactly like the original, it turned out well enough for me to consider it is complete success.
Now, if the flowers will just live, and, well, bloom, we will be all set.
The project added a finishing touch to our landscaping and created a warm welcome to our home, which, is a good thing since I am hosting my first Porch Night later this week. It has been a long time in coming but I finally found a night that we didn't have baseball or some other obligation and I decided to just go for it, which, is a good thing since I was ready for wine with friends about a month ago.