It's been a hot minute since I posted a seasonal bucket list; I think the last one was in 2019. The Year That Shall Not Be Named played a huge role in that, if I'm being honest. The pandemic, my new job, and my rapidly depleting hormones combined to form the Trifecta of Suck and I just didn't have it in me to try to set goals, even when the goal was something that would result in enjoyment.
That being said; fall continues to be my favorite time of the year and, now that I am functioning slightly better as a human being (thank you BIHRT!), I think it's time to bring back the list.
So, here we go!
1. Go on a good, old fashioned picnic. Use the good wicker picnic hamper. Make an Italian stuffed Mufuletta sandwich. Pack a good bottle of wine and a good book. Take my camera. Make a day of it!
2. Go on one last camping trip before it gets too cold to enjoy the forest.
3. Start exercising regularly again.
4. Clean up my diet.
5. Attend at least 3 social events. The Year that Shall Not Be Named made a hermit out of me and it's time to reawaken my inner extrovert.
6. Throw a Halloween-themed Porch Night.
7. Pull off another epic skeleton display for Halloween.
8. Host Friendsgiving, invite people who otherwise have nowhere to celebrate a traditional Thanksgiving.
9. Schedule self-care appointments: massages, reflexology, facials, pedicures, etc.
10. Cook at least one from-scratch meal a week (low bar here, but a girls' gotta start somewhere).
And, that's it for the Bucket List. One additional goal that I feel the need to set for myself is to write here more often. We'll see how that goes.