Thursday Thirteen, Edition Eleven:
Thirteen Products I Recommend
1. Philosophy’s On a Clear Day Serum. I discovered this last month at the height of my acne break-out and I swear, I have never used a product that cleared my skin up so fast. Of course, now that I have said that; it will stop working and I will break out again. I ‘m a jinx that way.
2. Kenra Root Lifting Spray. Pumps up the volume in my super-straight and volume-less hair.
3. Kenra Volume Spray 25. Keeps the hair styled without being sticky. I hate it when I can’t run my fingers through my own hair or when it feels crunchy. Crunchy hair is bad. However, Crunchy Hair would be an awesome name for a punk band.
4. Philosophy On a Clear Day Protective Cream. Helps to keep my skin from breaking out and works as a primer for my foundation. I have only been using it for the past month and, like the On a Clear Day Serum, it will probably stop working now that I have bragged about how good it is. I am cursed, I tell you.
5. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. Not as heavy as foundation but still provides coverage and doesn’t slide off my face by the middle of the day. Also, it has SPF 20 so I don’t have to mess around with additional sunscreen.
6. Bissell Oxy-Pro Oxygen Activated Carpet Cleaner. Works wonders on our light colored carpet, especially considering that our cat chooses the exact same spot on which to hack up his hairballs, every time.
7. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I came late to the Mr. Clean party but, I will be the last to leave. The eraser is awesome on the soap scum on the kid’s tub and, trust me when I say; my kids are scummy.
8. OPI Nail Polish. Any color. 'Nuff said.
9. L’Oreal Couleur Expert hair dye and highlight kit. At $17 a box it might seem pricey but, since I battle grey hair on a monthly basis, it sure as hell beats the price that I would pay for the same service at a salon. If L’Oreal ever discontinues this product, I will either have to embrace my decline into old age and wear my grey proudly or I am screwed. Yeah, I’m screwed.
10. Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy 13. Tames the Man-Cub’s wild cow-licks and makes his whole head smell like cotton candy. It really works plus, it’s purple and fun to play with and, did I mention, it smells like cotton candy?
11. True Blue Spa Just a Minute 60 Second Manicure Scrub from Bath & Body Works. Polishes and moisturizes your hands in just about the same amount of time it takes to read the name on the package and it smells like tangerines.
12. iPod Nano. Hugh gave it to me for Christmas and I love, love, love it. I listen to it while I vacuum. I listen to it in the bathtub. I listen to it while I exercise. It’s teeny-tiny yet powerful. I should break into song about how much I love my Nano but, your ears would bleed and that just wouldn’t be right.
13. Philosophy On a Clear Day Super Wash. Look at me totally pimpin' for Philosophy! You think they would send me some samples if they knew? Do you? Hey! If you are from Philosophy and you’re reading this, call me! We’ll do lunch!
Ditto OPI, Kenra and L’Oreal. Really. I pimp for you all.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants