Thursday Thirteen, Edition Ten:
Thirteen Reasons That February Sucked
1. My grandmother died.
2. My brother-in-law lost his thirty-five year old sister following a freak allergic reaction to a commonly prescribed medication.
3. My husband accidentally hit our puppy with the car.
4. The resulting vet bill was almost $2,000.
5. The poor dog now suffers the indignity of wearing a plastic cone on his head until he can learn to stop chewing on the large metal pin currently sticking out of his hip.
6. My comfortable daily routine was chucked into oblivion for the entire month.
7. This means that my diet and exercise program went out the window.
8. I gained five pounds.
9. At work, a project that I was really excited about fell through.
10. The Girl’s hermit crab, Seaweed, died.
11. I had, like, fifteen bad hair days in a row.
12. My face broke out.
13. I came thisclose to forgetting how blessed I truly am and, that would have been far more tragic than an entire month of bad hair days.
But, seriously February; I am not sad to see you go. You, like, totally harshed my mellow.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
I'm so sorry that February was such a difficult month for you.ReplyDelete
When I started to read your list, the very first one made me cry. My granma is not doing well. I do have hope though. I know that God's in control. So that gives me peace.
Hope you have a blessed March. :o)
Oh, gosh. Poor you...ReplyDelete
(Love the quote at the end, though.) Things are bound to get better. :) Hang in there.
So sorry to hear about your loss.ReplyDelete
Hope March brings on a better list.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope"
Sorry for your loss. I hate that February was so difficult, I wasn't the only one who had it tough.ReplyDelete
Also sorry your mellow got harshed. Maybe you'll have a March Mellow. Ha, get it? March - Mellow? Oh, ok, I'll shut up now.
Good thing it was only 28 days.ReplyDelete
Hope March is better!
I'm sorry you had such a rough month, but glad to see you didn't let it totally get you down.ReplyDelete
Here's to hoping for a wonderful March. :)
It seems February wasn't your lucky month :( I'm sorry about your grandmother's death. Hang in there.ReplyDelete