Thursday Thirteen, Edition Twenty:
Thirteen Things I Want To Do This Summer
1. Decorate my wrap-around porch. I especially want to find some comfortable wicker furniture and some colorful cushions.
2. Build the stone planter around the porch and plant some colorful flowers in it. I’m tired of how bare it looks without it and I’m equally tired of the stray cats in the neighborhood thinking that it is cool to meet up underneath our porch for their nightly howling sessions. My own cat does not approve.
3. Rent a cabin on a lake and invite my college roommates and their families to join us for a long weekend (we tentatively have this planned).
4. Finally see grass in our backyard again.
5. Take the kids to the swimming pool more often than I did last summer.
6. Visit the Great Sand Dunes National Park with my sisters and their families (which I am totally doing in July!)
7. Read at least three good books.
8. Drink at least three bottles of good wine.
9. Take the kids to the drive-in more often than we did last summer. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate since we always watch the double-feature on an air mattress in the back of Hugh’s truck (helloo…we are Rednecks, pleasure to meet cha!) and rain spoils the party.
10. Obviously, I want to succeed at Operation Hottie by July. Two pounds to go! Tooth whitening to commence in June, self-tanner application to follow.
11. Catch up on my scrapbooks. I am woefully behind, not even having started on the billion and one pictures from our trip to Disneyworld last summer.
12. Take more pictures of my kids and the dog. Because it is a vicious circle, don’t you know?
13. Spend more time with Jana and her family. My kids miss her kids when we all get so busy.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants