I am trying out a new Fitbit Flex and, I have come to the following conclusions:
1. It requires a lot of thoughtful, intentional effort on my part to actually manage 10,000 steps in a day.
2. I lack the stamina to be thoughtful and intentional every single day.
3. Actually, I lack the stamina to be thoughtful and intentional most days.
4. On the rare day that I do get up to 10,000 steps, I feel like I have accomplished something akin to establishing world peace.
5. Wearing a Fitbit creates an urgent sense of accountability.
6. Some days (most days), I don't want to be accountable.
Today was the second day in a row that I made it to my 10,000 step goal. I'm pretty sure I accomplished this feat not from a true desire to be as healthy as possible, but, because I have been conditioned (brainwashed) by the colorful rubber bracelet on my wrist. Also, there are worse things that I could be brainwashed to do.
Fitbit for the win!