It's December 5th, already! Time to come up with my Winter Bucket List, but, as always, before I do that, I need to check in with my list from the previous season, which, in this case, means my Fall Bucket List. Let's see how I did:
1. Attend all of the Cub's football games, host a tailgate party for at least one. I'm going to have to call this one a draw; I did attend every game, but, never managed a tailgate party. Hugh and I did become the official hot cocoa suppliers of each game, however, so, I'm giving myself credit for that.
2. Host a kick-ass team dinner. Nailed it!
3. Winery tour! Ah, the elusive winery tour...some day, this will actually happen, so help me, God.
4. Go on at least a couple of Girl Outings. I excelled at this one; Jana and I did the Savor the San Juans culinary home tour, Kortni and I hunted bargains at Pickin' at the Pea, and, BCPE and I ate our way around a local craft fair, followed by a gourmet lunch. Girl time is fun!
5. Eat my weight in pomegranates. Done, and still being done! The pommies have been exceptional this year, and, every time I crack one open and see all those ruby red jewel-like seeds, I think of my Dad.
6. Replenish my butternut squash soup supply, attempt butternut ravioli in sage butter sauce. Soooo did not happen. I do have four squashes in the pantry, courtesy of my garden, but I haven't quite gotten around to cooking with them yet. Laziness 1, Chelle 0.
7. Epic Halloween decorations. Ha! Flying witches, anyone? Nailed it!
8. Focus on my health, break bad habits. I renewed my gym membership and started walk/jogging on the treadmill. I have a way to go, but at least I started.
9. Earn $1500 toward our Hawaii trip. Three seniors, three families, a wedding, a baby shower, and, yes, my savings is on point!
10. Celebrate the Man-Cub's eighteenth birthday. Well, of course. I'm still recovering from the shock of having another "adult" in the family.
So, all in all, I didn't do too badly on the list. Tune in tomorrow, when I regale you with another mundane, navel-gazing post based on all the things I would like to accomplish over the next three months! Exciting!