It's my favorite time of the year! Fall means cooler weather (but not too cold!), colorful leaves, football games, apple cider, pumpkin flavored everything, and the arrival of Halloween decorations on store shelves. I can get behind all of that.
So, for the bucket list:
1. Attend all of the Man-Cub's football games (this is a given), host a tailgate party for at least one of them.
2. Host a kick-ass football team dinner.
3. Winery tour!
4. Go on at least a couple of girl outings (I'm almost an empty-nester; gonna have to develop some kind of social life to keep me from becoming a hermit once the Cub's sporting events are over).
5. Eat my weight in pomegranates (are you sensing a fruit-related theme in my bucket lists?).
6. Speaking of food, I want to replenish my butternut squash soup supply (I'm down to my last couple of containers in the freezer!) and I want to try my hand at butternut squash ravioli in sage brown butter sauce. I have the recipe. have the butternuts (fingers crossed; there are six butternuts currently growing in my garden), and I have the will!
7. Epic Halloween decorations. Must. Outdo. Last. Year!
8. Focus on my health. I have developed some bad habits lately and I need to break them; they aren't doing my ass any favors.
9. Earn $1500 toward our Hawaii trip. I currently have three seniors and two families booked for portraits in the months of September and October, which will put me close to my goal, but; I am hoping to get a few more.
10. Celebrate the Man-Cub's EIGHTEENTH birthday. Holy crap.
Ok, that last one is going to be enough to kill me, so, I think I should be done now.
Bring on the fall!