Tomorrow is September 1st, already. How did that happen? Fall is right around the corner, and I know this because the Halloween decorations have already started to hit the shelves and retailers are coming out with pumpkin spice everything (I'm serious; yesterday I saw pumpkin spice almonds in the nut section of the Hellmouth. Bleh!).
I love the fall, so, this is not exactly bad news for me. But, the summer went by so fast! I feel like I blinked and I missed it, and, if my less-than-stellar performance on my bucket list is any indication, I just may have. So, let's get to that list:
1. Focus on nutrition, exercise, and mental well-being. Hold on just a sec...ha! ha! ha! ha! Ok, I'm done. Ahem. So, with the exception of the past five days, I have sucked mightily at this goal. I'm sure no one is surprised; it's been a goal on at least three other bucket lists and I have failed at it each time. I have no excuse, I suck.
2. Spend as much quality time as possible with the Cub before we deliver him to college. I did pretty well at this one. The Cub worked a full time job, played baseball, and kept up an active social life, but I still made every effort to spend time with him.
3. Throw my boys a going away luau. ROCKED IT! NAILED IT! DROPPED IT LIKE IT'S HOT! Have the blog posts (and the pictures) to prove it.
4. Re-create the black and white picture that I took of the kids with Jana's crew back in 2008. Oh, my heart, did I ever accomplish this one.
5. Lake time. Yeah...never saw a drop of water this summer. The boat being in dry-dock for the majority of the summer was a major buzz-kill; I'm still irritated by it.
6. Enjoy my 30th high school reunion. Success! I had a great time, and, while I initially said that I didn't have a part in planning it, I did end up hosting that Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar with my old friend, which, actually ended up making the reunion even more fun.
7. Do a deep cleaning of my house, including the closets and attics. Again, give me just a second, ha! ha! ha! ha! Yeah. No.
8. Decide what the hell I'm going to do as an empty-nester. This, my friends, is going to be a work in progress. Please stay tuned.
9. Porch Night, retro-style. We actually managed to accomplish this on the night that I re-created the picture of the kids. I also did it with BCPE and a couple of the other Booster Moms, as well as doing it when the moms of the Fearsome Foursome came over to help plan the luau. So, this was a win.
10. Cherries. Homemade mint chip ice cream. Fresh vegetables from the farmer's market. Well, I ate my body weight in cherries, and, I made a batch of mint chip. I never made it to the farmer's market, but, two out of three ain't bad.
11. Spend some time with The Girls. I am so sad that this particular item didn't get done. But! We have made plans to get together the third weekend in September, and, as I said at the beginning of this post, September starts tomorrow! So, the countdown to Girl Time will commence shortly.
Also commencing shortly: my 2017 Fall Bucket List. How much do you want to bet there is an item about healthy eating and exercise?
Ha! I am nothing if not predictable.