Anyway, I have an opportunity now, to catch up with the little things that made last week memorable for us all, so, here I go:
- At the freshman football game last Thursday, the Man-Cub made an interception and ran for 55 yards before being horse-collared from behind. His friend, Trace, ran the ball in for a touchdown on the next play. It. Was. Awesome.
- After the dance, a number of The Teenager's friends (and a few of the Man-Cub's as well) came to the house to roast marshmallows around the fire pit. I was able to spy on them from an upstairs window and it occurred to me that they are more grown up than I like to admit.
- To celebrate the Man-Cub's birthday, I took him and three of his friends to Neighboring City for a few hours at the fun park. Before starting out on our trip, we ran through the Starbucks drive-through and only one out of the four ordered hot cocoa, the rest ordered actual adult coffee drinks. A small part of me died that day.
- Jana was nice enough to accompany me on the birthday trip. I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with her this summer and it was good to see her face. We made a pact to spend more time together doing fun and relaxing things for ourselves since our hectic lives often get in the way of our social well-being. This is really just a fancy way of saying that we plan to drink more wine together.
- While we were in Neighboring City, Jana and I did some window shopping. We spent a good deal of time at a consignment shop that deals in higher-end, gently worn designer clothing. It was in this store that I determined my recent weight gain has made it impossible for me to enjoy cute clothing. I think I have a mental block against buying larger sizes than those which I envision myself in, therefor, I must make more of an effort to get back to a reasonable weight.
- I've been on my thyroid meds for almost a month now. I have noticed a change in my energy levels and am happy to report that I very seldom feel the need to take an afternoon nap on the couch in my office. That's actually a huge improvement for me. Next up, The Teenager and I are going to be purchasing a membership to my old gym. I plan to work out with her three times a week, and, if the meds continue to work, my metabolism may rev up again. Fingers crossed.
- It is the end of September already and our trees have yet to change color. I blame the unseasonably late rains and am hoping that we see drier weather and more color, soon. The lack of color has not hindered my love of the season, however; I have decorated the porch in its fall finery and am planning to break out the Halloween decorations this weekend. To that end, I purchased two additional life-sized skeletons, bringing our total to five. One can never have too many life-sized skeletons, I always say.
- My garden is just about done for the year. There are a number of tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini to pick and I have managed to grow one small sugar pumpkin that may, or may not, be suitable for Thanksgiving pies. We shall see.
And, that's about all, for now.
In hindsight, none of this is terribly important and probably didn't require an entire post. Oh well, what harm is there in a little navel-gazing?
Don't answer that.
Post a Comment